Monday, March 18, 2013

Breaking: Salmon Would Not Have Weisenthal, Kaminska Run His Money

...Weisenthal and Kaminska are both very smart, but that doesn’t mean I’d be likely to give them my money to invest on my behalf.
A large part of investing is knowing when to wait, in a world which is always biased towards action. Another large part is being able to step back and see the big trends, without spending too much time being distracted by noise....
(sensing a rainmaking opportunity) "Felix, ...Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name, but what's puzzling you is the nature of my game..."
“…For, after all, I had been into cocoa a bit myself. That was back when The Great Winfield had discovered cocoa trading. Occasionally in those more leisured days I would sit with him lazily watching stocks move, like two sheriffs in a rowboat watching catfish in the Tennessee River….”
Okay, the above para was actually "Adam Smith" preceded  by Jagger/Richards but the whole "Must investors be on Twitter?" is a keeper as is Izabella's Tumblr post on information storage/retrieval.

For the record we have 1400 feeds on various readers and terminals that combines with some fancy news analytics software to make a glorious mess at the exact nano-second you need it to work.

HT on Salmon@Reuters: FT Alphaville's The Closer post.